BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Rabu, 01 Desember 2010

NARRATIVE TEXT


Surely you've read a fairy tale.



Fairy tale is one example of narrative text.
So guys, what is narrative text?


Narrative text is a kind of the text about story, like legend, fairy tale, fable, science fiction, and mystery.

Purpose of Narrative Text:
-          To entertain and amused readers.
-          To teach something/tell about advice.
-          To bring emotional effect.

Characteristic of Narrative Text:
-          Past tense
-          Dialogues
-          Linking words that are connected with the time.
-          Using the first person (I), the third person (he, she,it,they).

Exemple of:
-          Legend                  : Malin Kundang, Sangkuriang, etc.
MALIN KUNDANG

-          Fairy tale               : Cinderella, Snow White, etc.  
CINDERELLA         

-          Fable                     : Crocodile and Mouse Deer, etc.
 
-          Science fiction      : Alien, etc.
     
-          Mystery                 : House of the Death, etc.


Structure of Narrative text:
-          Orientation            : this scene of the story and introduces the characters in the story.
-          Complication         : tell a problem in the story.
-          Resolution             : problem resolved for better or worse
-          Re-orientation       : the ending of the story

Example:
The Farmer And The Beet

            Once upon a time, a farmer planted a beet. The beet grew and grew.
            One day the farmer pulled on the beet, but the beet didn’t come up. “Horse. Please help me pull up this beet. I want to eat it for dinner”, said the farmer. “Sure, I’ll help you”, said the horse. But the horse didn’t come up.
            The farmer went to the cow. “Dear cow, please help me pull up this beet. I want to eat it for dinner”, said the farmer. “Sure, I’ll help”, said the cow. But the beet didn’t come up.” So the farmer went to a goat. “My lovely goat. I want to eat it for dinner”, said the farmer. “Sure, I’ll help”, said the goat. But the beet didn’t come up.
            Next, the farmer went to the cat. “Oh my dear cat, please help me pull up this beet. I want to eat it for dinner”, said the farmer. “Sure, I’ll help”, said the cat. But again the beet didn’t come up.
            So the farmer went to the mouse. “Lovely mouse, please help me pull up this beet. I want to eat it for dinner”, said the farmer. “Sure, I’ll help”, said the mouse. So the mouse pulled to on the cat. The cat, pulled on the cat. The cat pulled on the goat, and the goat pulled on the cow. The cow pulled an the horse, the horse pulled on the farmer, and the farmer pulled on the beet. And the beet come up! “Thank you horse, thank you cow, thank you goat. Thank you cat. And thank you, mouse!” Said the farmer. “ Now we can all eat dinner.” And they did.

0 komentar: